A stylish Seoul favorite
422 Rooms / 40 Suites
One of Seoul’s very first luxury hotels, The Westin Chosun Seoul has been setting the standard for exclusive travel in the Korean peninsula since 1914. The original premises were built by the Japanese to host royal dignitaries from Japan and Europe, and the modern-day, rebuilt property follows this example by aiming to attract and delight the most high-profile of guests. As a result, The Westin Chosun is the hotel of choice for royals, politicians and A-list celebrities.
Located in the center of the bustling Korean capital, The Westin Chosun Seoul is well situated for both business and leisure travelers. The hotel boasts 462 spacious guest rooms, including 36 one-bedroom suites and two two-bedroom suites. The chic contemporary design of the hotel is simple yet elegant and effortlessly stylish.
• The restaurants at this luxury Seoul hotel have dishes on offer to suit every palate. Sushi, authentic Cantonese cusine, classic Italian and even American-style fare can be had without setting foot outside the property.
• Stay on the Executive Floor to get access to the plush members-only lounge. Whether you want to unwind in the evening with a cocktail or partake in the complimentary refreshments during the day, the lounge offers a great place to enjoy breathtaking views of Seoul 20 stories below.
• Corporate travelers will appreciate the second-to-none business center facilities. With three private meeting rooms, lecture hall rentals and trained secretarial assistance on hand, being away from the office doesn’t have to mean a disruption to your typical work routine.
• The recently refurbished modern facilities at The Westin Chosun’s City Athletic Club feature state-of-the-art workout equipment, an inviting 82-foot pool and a stylish spa and relaxation area that includes Korean-style baths and saunas. Various fitness classes are held at the club each day, and personal trainers are on offer.
• You won’t have a restless night here. The hotel provides a sleep balm amenity, a menu of healthy sleep-inducing room service dishes and the aptly named Heavenly Beds.
Things to Know
• The Westin Chosun Seoul is 70 minutes away from Seoul’s Incheon International Airport and 20 minutes from Gimpo International. A luxury limousine service is available to ensure comfortable and timely airport transfers.
• Executive Club members can skip lines upon arrival with the hotel’s priority check-in service.
• Forget your workout gear? The hotel lends out New Balance sneakers and apparel for a nominal fee.
• Express check-in and checkout is available upon request. It enables you to effortlessly breeze through these processes from the comfort of your room.
• The Seoul hotel’s Heavenly Beds were designed exclusivley for the Westin. The supremely comfortable beds have pillowed mattresses dressed in hypoallergenic pillows and sheets.
• All bathrooms feature separate showers and tubs, and come stocked with the hotel’s signature white-tea-scented toiletries.
• Inside the contemporary rooms in neutral tans and creams, you’ll find a Nespresso machine, a fully stocked minibar and an LCD television.
• A menu of massages and 24-hour room service ensure that you don’t have to leave the comfort of your room if you don’t want to.
• We adore the 17th-floor Renewal Suite’s Korean design with clean lines and minimalist look. The the slate-gray-stone bathroom includes a hinoki tub, where you can have a banshinyok (lower-body bath, a Korean ritual) while watching TV.
• Located in Seoul’s Myeongdong district, The Westin Chosun is in the heart of the city’s economic and business center, making it a convenient base for business travelers working with any of the nearby multinational companies.
• Myeongdong is a shopaholic’s paradise with the upscale Shinsegae mall just a short walk away and the Songong branch of the Lotte department store adjacent to the luxury hotel. The glamorous mecca of Apgujeong Rodeo, Seoul’s answer to Beverly Hills, is just a five-minute cab ride away.
• Seoul is home to many impressive former palaces, one of which is virtually on the hotel’s doorstep. Deoksugung Palace is an elegant site to behold and holds a daily changing of the guards ceremony that is not to be missed.
• Seoul contains several national parks within its city limits. Nearby Namsan Park provides numerous pleasant hiking trails that reveal incredible 360-degree views of the city, particularly as the sun sets.