Answers from Our Experts (1)
You won’t find a shortage of amusement parks, outdoor activities or traditional Korean venues in Seoul to entertain the kids. Here is Forbes Travel Guide’s round up of the best things to do with kids in Seoul:
1. Visit Lotte World. Kids will revel in the rollercoasters at this gigantic indoor amusement park and its outdoor counterpart, Magic Island. There’s even a Korean Folk Museum on-site to spark interest in the way things were. If the kids are still looking for more thrilling rides, then choose from Everland (don’t miss the waterpark, Caribbean Bay), Seoul Land and Children’s Grand Park for your next amusement park visit.
2. Spend an afternoon at Namsan Park. Not only does Namsan offer hiking and picnicking options for families, it is also host to the N Seoul Tower. The tower is accessible by foot and cable car, and offers visitors incredible views of Seoul plus a variety of dining options. The best part for kids? The tower houses the Teddy Bear Museum, which offers kids a lesson in Korean history through big, cuddly bears.
3. Go back in time at the Korean Folk Village. Right outside Seoul in neighboring Suwon, get transported back to life during the late Joseon Dynasty. Watch tightrope acrobatics, listen to traditional music, or observe a traditional wedding ceremony. The village also holds handicrafts workshops and houses a traditional market where you can taste a wide range of Korean flavors.
4. Head up the 63 Building. Want your kid to feel on top of the world? Take them to the observation deck and stare down at Seoul from one of the tallest buildings in South Korea. The 63 Building’s location on Yeouido Island means breathtaking views of the Han River. Kids can also take in an IMAX movie or marvel at the aquarium.
5. Head down to COEX. Shopping is more fun when you’re underground. Take your kids to one of the largest underground malls in Asia for a shopping excursion, a visit to the aquarium, or to learn about Korea’s most famous dish at the Kimchi Field Museum.