Answers from Our Experts (1)
Fairmont Peace Hotel is a treasure trove of history and luxurious amenities. These are the five best at the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel:
1. The Jazz Bar. Visitors from around the globe flock to Fairmont Peace Hotel’s famous Jazz Bar, which was originally named the Horse and Hound. It’s a veritable time machine back to the golden era of 1930s Shanghai with cool cocktails and classic jazz music. The experience will remind you why the city is known as the Pearl of the Orient.
2. The indoor pool. The hotel has an indoor swimming pool where you can enjoy an afternoon dip or do morning laps.
3. Tech perks. The guestrooms feature high-tech perks like LCD TVs, Blu-ray DVD players and iPod docking stations.
4. The Four-Star hotel’s grand lobbies. The first-floor octagonal rotunda provides a grand entrance with a rich history. Flappers and cigar aficionados were ushered into this space when first welcomed to the Shanghai hotel, which opened its doors in 1929.
5. Afternoon tea and other glamorous options. You’ll get a large dose of Old World glamour here. Spend an afternoon drinking tea in Jasmine Lounge or dance the night away in the hotel’s famous Peace Hall ballroom.