Answers from Our Experts (1)
While Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai welcomes families, you’ll find the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel is better suited for teenagers than small kids. If you’re traveling with your tot, here are five amenities that will keep them entertained:
1. Private tours. The history of the hotel is fascinating, and we think even your moody teen will enjoy a tour of the grand space. Talk to the concierge about setting up a private tour.
2. Peace Gallery. After your tour take your teen to the onsite gallery, where you can gaze at hotel memorabilia from as far back as the 1930s.
3. The pool. Open until 11 p.m. each day, the indoor pool is the perfect spot for your kids to splash around.
4. Afternoon tea. Head to Jasmine Lounge to bond with your kid over tea and pastries. It’s an elegant experience that might be new to them.
5. Kid-friendly food. The Cathay Room at this Four-Star hotel has a variety of Western dining options that will please young palates, and Victor’s deli is a convenient option for grabbing a snack on the go.