Answers from Our Experts (1)
Fairmont Peace Hotel Shanghai exudes a dignified air, which extends to its cuisine. Foodies have praised onsite eateries like the Cathay Room and Dragon Phoenix. Here are the five best things to eat and drink at the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel:
1. Tomato lobster soup. Head to The Cathay Room, the European eatery on the ninth floor, for the tomato lobster soup. It’s filled with hearty chunks of fresh catch doused in creamy tomato broth and spiced with ginger and coriander.
2. The 300-day grain-fed rib of Australian beef. Also at The Cathay Room, this dish is unbeatable with its fiery red center and pinkish edges.
3. Eastern cuisine. For those ambitious about trying typical Eastern cuisine, Dragon Phoenix is a great place to start with its traditional Cantonese and Sichuan dishes. But if you’re a beginner when it comes to Eastern flavors...
4. You may want to try the famous xiaolongbao soup dumplings or chao fan fried rice dishes.
5. Afternoon tea in Jasmine Lounge. Sit back while sipping various types of tea from around the world, which will be paired with savories like freshly baked buttermilk scones with homemade fruit preserves and clotted cream, tea sandwiches and pastries presented on proper silver tea stands.