Answers from Our Experts (1)
Whether you’re exploring Shanghai or relaxing in your guestroom, you’ll need a few essentials when you visit Fairmont Peace Hotel. Here are five things you should be sure to pack for this Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel:
1. Nice clothes. While the hotel has no formal dress code, this is not the place for flip-flops and shorts. Dining at the famous Dragon Phoenix or enjoying afternoon tea in Jasmine Lounge calls for elegant dress. Ladies should bring a skirt or a pair of heels, while men should wear a collared shirt.
2. Even nicer clothes. If you plan to attend a function in the Peace Hall ballroom, a tux with tails and a gown are appropriate.
3. A camera. Don’t forget your camera — and maybe even a journal — so you can properly document the Four-Star hotel’s elegant design and atmosphere.
4. A good book. You’ll want to lounge around in the hotel’s welcoming common spaces, such as Jasmine Lounge or the club floor, with a good read.
5. Swimsuit. Pack your swimsuit so you can take advantage of the Four-Star hotel’s indoor pool.