Answers from Our Experts (1)
Park Hyatt Shanghai offers many world-class amenities. Here are five of our favorites:
1. The spa. Make a an appointment at the luxury hotel’s Water’s Edge, Shanghai. Its smaller size means the service more personalized and the experience more intimate. The Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star spa offers treatments like The Complete Reset, which brings your body to a state of equilibrium with aromatherapy inhalations of soothing mint and lavender essential oils and a massage focusing on the shoulder, neck and hip areas.
2. The pool. The 85th-floor infinity pool is literally on top of the world. Since it costs a whopping RMB500 (US$80) for outside guests to try, it’s usually devoid of crowds so you can often swim in near solitude.
3. The dining. The food at the hotel is stellar. You’ll find world-class dishes with quality ingredients. The best bet is Japanese and Chinese restaurant 100 Century Avenue; it offers an amazing buffet breakfast, a power-lunch scene and a top dinner destination.
4. Though it should be commonplace, Internet is spotty in Shanghai hotels. Not enough can be said of the fast, free Wi-Fi that Park Hyatt Shanghai delivers. It’s available everywhere in the hotel.
5. The Music Room is a popular late-night spot. The Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel boasts that the 97th-floor space is the highest nightclub in the world. Head there for a cocktail and to dance to live music or a tunes from the resident DJ.