Answers from Our Experts (1)
Park Hyatt Shanghai is not the ideal choice for children, but if you’re determined to stay here and make it work with kids, there are several amenities at your disposal:
1. The pool. The Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel’s ultimate amenity for children is, of course, its 66-foot-long infinity pool that sits on the 85th floor.
2. The bath-time products. The hotel offers bath toys and Johnson & Johnson toiletries for kids to have a bubble bath en-suite. Then put them to bed in the provided crib.
3. Babysitters. Babysitting services are available for an hourly rate of RMB200 (US$32). But the quiet Shanghai hotel is best suited for adults, and there are no activities specifically arranged for children.
4. The Super Brand Mall. If you need supplies to keep the little ones occupied, head next door to the Super Brand Mall. It’s a veritable mecca of children’s clothing shops and toy stores.
5. Children’s room service. If your child is a picky eater and doesn’t want to try Dining Room or Pantry, order from the extensive children’s room service menu. Your kid can enjoy spaghetti Bolognese from the comfort of your room.