Answers from Our Experts (1)
If you’re looking for something to do near Park Hyatt Shanghai, the five best picks are:
1. Check out the view. Since the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel is already inside the Shanghai World Financial Center, there’s really no need to pay to see the view from the 100th-floor observation deck. The vista is excellent from the hotel, especially from the 93rd floor.
2. Shop at IFC Mall. Downstairs, peruse Burberry, Chanel and more at the IFC Mall. Make a stop at the always-full Apple Store. The first of its kind in Shanghai, the store leads you underground before you re-emerge to a vista of the Oriental Pearl Tower, which leads us to our next pick...
3. Visit the Oriental Pearl Tower. The luxury hotel surpasses the Oriental Pearl Tower’s height, but the bulbous tower’s futuristic architecture makes it a must-see. Even if you don’t opt to visit its observation deck, you’ll want to snap a couple of pictures of the unusual structure, especially when it’s lit up at night.
4. Walk along the river. Take a stroll along Binjiang Da Dao, a riverside promenade that is considered Pudong’s very own Bund.
5. Ride the ferry. Instead of taking the tourist trap boats up and down the Huangpu River, try the RMB2 (US$.30) cross-river ferry that deposits you directly at the foot of the Bund. At night, visitors aren’t allowed on the upper decks, but if you are at the front of the line, you’ll be able to snag a window spot to see the sparkling lights of the Bund and the Lujiazui skyline.