Answers from Our Experts (1)
One of the most underrated aspects of Park Hyatt Shanghai is its excellent food options. Be sure to try these five top dishes during your stay at the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel:
1. The potato salad. Executive chef Gerhard Passrugger’s housemade Austrian potato salad in the evening buffet at Pantry is made from a recipe handed down from his grandmother — it’s a must.
2. The lobster bisque. Passrugger’s lobster bisque with sea urchin crouton is exquisite, the creamy soup crowned masterfully with the crisp topping.
3. The whitebait. The fried whitebait upstairs at 100 Century Avenue is savory and worth the splurge, as is...
4. The foie gras. The foie gras appetizer is torched for a crispy top layer and served with a golden-brown loaf of bread.
5. The truffle pear dessert. To end it all, Pantry’s truffle pear dessert — a fromage-filled poached pear paired with hazelnut crème and pear sorbet — is a dream.