Answers from Our Experts (1)
There are five things you should know when visiting The Portman Ritz-Carlton, Shanghai:
1. This Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel was the first Ritz-Carlton in China. It also is the largest hotel in Shanghai with a choice of 610 rooms and suites.
2. The Ritz-Carlton enjoys one of the city’s most central and convenient locations in the historic Puxi area. Located in the bustling (and green) Jing’an District, you’ll be spoiled by an endless selection of international and local restaurants, business venues and shops for all budgets — all right outside your hotel. For designer-label devotees, nearby Plaza 66 houses one of the largest selections of haute couture in town.
3. Jason Zhan, the Shanghai hotel’s concierge manager, is known by the staff and guests as simply “Jason” and has clocked more than 19 years of service with no signs of stopping. As one of the most respected concierges in Shanghai and throughout China, Zhan is an active member of Les Clefs d’Or China and was recently crowned chief representative officer by The Golden Key Organization (the concierge society in China). The Portman Ritz-Carlton is the only hotel in Shanghai with three Golden Key members.
4. Palladio is a top dining destination. The luxury hotel’s Northern Italian restaurant offers handmade pastas, creative dishes like Parmesan brûlée and one of the best wine lists in the city .
5. Jazz lovers can brag about hanging out at The Ritz Bar, one of the city’s first jazz bars that still pounds out live tunes nearly every night of the week.