Answers from Our Experts (1)
You’ll enjoy a long list of amenities at The Portman Ritz-Carlton, Shanghai, but these five features are central to the Ritz experience:
1. The Ritz-Carlton Club. Keeping you pampered, fed and productive around the clock, this separate “hotel within a hotel” offers amenities that add an additional layer of luxury and comfort with a personal touch. Club members enjoy food and beverages throughout the day, semi-private workstations, exclusive concierge and business services, private lounges and — a favorite of many — a stunning panoramic skyline view.
2. The meeting spaces. The newly renovated meeting and convention spaces at the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel can handle any event, whether it’s for work or play.
3. The 24-hour gym. The fully equipped fitness center puts most hotel gyms to shame with an indoor/outdoor pool, spa locker room facilities and a full range of classes. It’s so good even local residents join.
4. The Ritz-Carlton concierge. The concierge will do his or her best to get you that ticket, trim or tour, and has been known to go far beyond hotel walls and the call of duty to do so. On one particular occasion, when preparing an elderly guest’s return trip to her childhood home of Shanghai, the concierge managed to find both the guest’s birth hospital and former residence. Every detail of the trip was organized, including visits to the guest’s old neighborhood and dining reservations in various historical venues from her past.
5. The dining options. The luxury hotel has six restaurants and lounges serving up Asian and Western favorites and 24-hour room service — all of which guarantees that you’ll never go hungry. Don’t miss dining at Palladio, an Italian restaurant with a top-notch wine list.