Answers from Our Experts (1)
The Portman Ritz-Carlton, Shanghai tries to make children feel welcome by offering the following five best amenities:
1. The pool. During warmer-weather months, kids staying at the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel can enjoy the outdoor pool and rooftop garden play area.
2. The classes. When the kiddies get bored, bring them to the gym. There, they can take special dance and swimming classes every week.
3. Brunch. While you can enjoy flowing champagne at Tables’ Sunday brunch, the restaurant reserves a fun play area just for the little ones. Even better, it comes complete with a supervising attendant who can give you a well-deserved break.
4. DVDs. Take advantage of the DVD players in all of the rooms. A concierge can also provide children’s flicks when you need to keep them occupied.
5. Other goodies. Special children-geared amenities like cookies and milk or activity packs are given out when families check into the luxury hotel. Once the staff learns a bit more about your child, future visits may become even more specialized.