Answers from Our Experts (1)
If you want to know the style of The Portman Ritz-Carlton, Shanghai, these five words sum it up:
1. Timeless. China’s flagship Ritz-Carlton — and the first one in the nation — shows its timelessness with its luxurious décor — public spaces have wood carvings, marble and earthy tones, traditional flower prints and soft silks — and loyal staff members.
2. Traditional. The Ritz-Carlton and tradition go hand in hand. You can always depend on the impeccable service of the hotel staff’s “ladies and gentlemen,” along with time-honored favorites like afternoon tea and Sunday brunch.
3. Contemporary. Without forsaking history or tradition, the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel draws on years of experience to continually improve its name and service, adding to comforts and technology (rooms have a DVD/CD player and an LCD flat-screen television; the hotel has its own 3G network) to meet increased expectations.
4. Convenient. With a central Puxi location, numerous onsite restaurants and in-room amenities, you’ll be able to enjoy your visit to the Shanghai hotel to the max both inside and outside its walls.
5. Warm. Luxury and tradition needn’t come at the price of comfort. A welcoming ambience will greet you at every corner — try to resist that soft bed with its brown tufted headboard — and you’ll always feel right at home.