Answers from Our Experts (1)
The Ritz-Carlton Shanghai, Pudong has two in-house restaurants and three snack spots. Here are five things you’ll want to eat or drink when you visit the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel:
1. The duckling. Traditional Cantonese restaurant Jin Xuan serves its delicious barbecued boneless duckling with fresh mango and lemon sauce.
2. The risotto. When you visit the 52nd-floor lobby’s Italian restaurant Scena, try the creamy cauliflower risotto, which comes with smoked cauliflower and porcini mushrooms.
3. The Thai hot and sour broth. You might be tempted to order the sesame cookies or others sweets in glass cases and jars in the ground-floor lobby lounge Aroma, but save your appetite for its Thai hot and sour broth with salmon, a poached egg and your choice of ramen, egg or vermicelli rice noodles. Afterward, go back and get those cookies.
4. The spicy tuna roll. It can be hard to choose among the international tapas on the menu at cocktail bar Flair. A good bet is the spicy tuna roll with avocado, tuna and spicy sauce.
5. The stir-fried lobster. Upgrade your stir-fry with Jin Xuan’s version, which includes lobster, shimeji mushrooms and asparagus.