Answers from Our Experts (1)
When you’re getting ready for your trip to The Ritz-Carlton Shanghai, Pudong, be sure to pack these five things:
1. Your kids. We think you’ll enjoy having your little ones in tow during your stay at the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel. Even though The Ritz-Carlton is more of a business hotel than a family-focused one, it does offer a kids menu at the Italian restaurant Scena, an indoor pool with a lifeguard and — best of all — a free babysitting service.
2. A camera. Head up to the terrace of the hotel’s 58th-floor bar Flair, where you can snap shots of the Bund and the Pudong skyline, including a nice close-up of the Oriental Pearl Tower.
3. Cash or an international ATM card. All hotels and nearly every upscale restaurant and shop in Shanghai will take credit cards. But if you want to try the smaller eateries and boutiques in the area — or if you plan to make a trip to one of the city’s markets — cash is a necessity.
4. Walking shoes. You’ll put these to good use pounding the pavement around the hotel and across greater Shanghai. If they can double as gym shoes, take advantage of the luxury hotel’s 24-hour fitness center.
5. A swimsuit. The Shanghai hotel’s 53rd-floor infinity pool offers sweeping views of the surrounding cityscape and is a great way to unwind after a long day.