Answers from Our Experts (1)
Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund offers you a bevy of excellent amenities. Here are our five favorites:
1. Bluetooth keyboards. These high-tech keyboards connect to the rooms’ LCD televisions, so you can surf the Internet wirelessly from anywhere in the room.
2. A prime location on the Bund. The Bund hugs the curve of the Huangpu River, and it’s there where you’ll see Shanghai’s richest collection of historic architecture.
3. The hotel’s restaurants. We especially love Pelham’s, which serves knockout nouveau American cuisine in a dining room inside the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel’s 101-year-old Heritage Building.
4. Afternoon tea at Salon de Ville. Sit down here to sip tea or coffee while snacking on finger sandwiches, sweet and savory pastries and buttery scones. Classical music plays gently in the background.
5. Digital controls in all guestrooms. Open the drapes, dim the lights and adjust the room’s temperature all with the push of a button.