Answers from Our Experts (1)
Though Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund doesn’t get too many guests who check in with kids, it does offer a handful of amenities for children. Here are the five best:
1. Babysitting service. Babysitters are available for RMB200 (US$32) per hour, though you’ll need to book in advance and specify an English- or Chinese-speaking sitter. The hotel does not have a playroom, so you may want to prepare activities for your kids and the sitter.
2. Kids’ menu. For a solid list of kid-friendly dishes appropriately priced and portioned, Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund has a kids’ menu with dishes like spaghetti with tomato or mushroom sauce, a hamburger or cheeseburger with tomato and French fries and a cheddar grilled cheese sandwich.
3. The pool. Grab your swimsuit and head to the hotel’s pool, where you can splash around before relaxing on chaise loungers and enjoying snacks from the pool menu.
4. Toys. If the hotel knows you’re checking in with children, they’ll lend your kids toy cars, dolls, games and other little things to keep them happy.
5. Location. Take a short walk to the ferry pier near the hotel, hop on the boat and you’ll get off across from the Shanghai Ocean Aquarium, which houses the longest underwater tunnel in the world.