Answers from Our Experts (1)
Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund has three in-house restaurants: all-day dining venue Grand Brasserie, nouveau American spot Pelham’s and Wei Jing Ge, which serves Cantonese, Shanghainese and Huai Yang cuisines. The Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel also houses Long Bar, Salon de Ville (where you can get afternoon tea) and Peacock Alley lounge. Here are our picks for the five best things to eat and drink at the Five-Star hotel:
1. The Waldorf Queen. This cocktail at Long Bar is made with gin, pineapple, orange juice and sweet and dry vermouths.
2. Seared duck breast and leg confit. Grand Brasserie serves the duck dish with roasted fennel, spiced apple confiture and Calvados sauce.
3. The 48-hour braised beef short rib. Head to Pelham’s to try this dish, which is served with mashed parsnips, glazed carrots, horseradish cream and rosemary gremolata.
4. Peacock Brioche. The signature breakfast dish at the Peacock Alley lounge comes with ham, Asiago cheese and black truffle seared in a light egg batter.
5. Braised bean curd. Don’t leave the Five-Star hotel without trying this dish made with hairy crab roe and crab meat from Wei Jing Ge.