Answers from Our Experts (1)
When you’re packing for your stay at Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund, be sure to include the following five items:
1. Your appetite. Between all-day dining spot Grand Brasserie, Pelham’s (nouveau American cuisine), Wei Jing Ge (Cantonese and Shanghainese cuisine) and afternoon tea in Salon de Ville, there’s a lot of eating to be done at the Five-Star hotel.
2. A bathing suit. The hotel’s pool is filled with light (thanks to two walls of windows) and is heavenly after a long day of sightseeing or meetings. The lights in the pool change color at night — a feast for the eyes.
3. Here’s something not to pack: your computer. Though the hotel has Wi-Fi throughout, you won’t need your computer to access it. That’s because every room has a Bluetooth keyboard, which allows you to surf the Internet on the LCD television in your room.
4. Binoculars. If you’re staying in one of the rooms that face the Bund, you will get an eyeful of the Huangpu River and Pudong’s futuristic skyline. You’ll get an even better view with binoculars.
5. Comfortable shoes. You’ll be doing lots of walking if you stay at Waldorf Astoria — especially if you’re planning to take the Metro, which is several bocks away. You’ll also want to take a stroll along the Bund, which hugs the curve of the Huangpu River and is lined with Shanghai’s richest collection of historical architecture.