Answers from Our Experts (1)
If you're planning on dining at Sir Elly's Restaurant at The Peninsula Shanghai or are still researching places to eat in food-obsessed Shanghai, here are a few things you should know about the restaurant:
1. The cuisine is modern European with an emphasis on Mediterranean dishes. No Chinese cooking here, just straightforward French with a creative edge.
2. Your table comes with multiple servers. Don't be alarmed if one person takes your order, another offers you thoughts on the wine list, and a third person brings dessert. Just sit back and enjoy being pampered.
3. The menu changes often. Sure, your friends can recommend their favorite dishes, but don't be surprised if you can't find them on the menu when you arrive. But that's to your advantage; chef Arnaud Berthelier regularly employs seasonal ingredients and new preparations to keep things interesting.
4. Sir Elly's boasts some of the best views in the city. The 13th-floor location combined with floor-to-ceiling windows offers you sweeping views of the skyscrapers of the Pudong district and the historic buildings that line the Bund.
5. The outdoor terrace is unbeatable. If the weather cooperates, there's no better place in Shanghai to enjoy a drink and gaze at the lights of this modern day Asian City.