Answers from Our Experts (1)
Don’t get lost in Chuan Spa at The Langham, Xintiandi, Shanghai’s menu of services, which is admittedly extensive. We have the perfect shortcut to the best treatments right here:
1. Ho Guan. This traditional Chinese medicine practice involves a heated cup being placed on various acupressure points of the body that are affected by pain. A therapist will apply the heat to achieve a therapeutic effect on skin and muscles.
2. Chuan harmony massage. Based on a pre-massage survey, a special oil will be chosen for you and a mix of acupressure and relaxation massage techniques combine to create an overall experience of well-being and recovery.
3. Chuan feet retreat. Tromping around Shanghai can lead to a pair of tired extremities, which the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star spa repairs through a soak, oil-and-salt exfoliation, specialized foot mask and relief applied to specific pressure points to get you back on your feet.
4. Chuan muddy elements. After a warm oil-and-salt exfoliation, you’ll be coated in five signature muds and wrapped to ensure total infusion. A scalp massage and facial cleansing help you pass the time before you’re rinsed and hydrated with lotion.
5. Cold marine facial. Sensitive skin requires its own special treatment, which can be found in this cool mint mask that promises less redness and tension as well as more supple skin.