Answers from Our Experts (1)
While you expect an elite level of luxury befitting a Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel, here are a few other things we feel you should know before packing your bags for a stay at Capella Singapore:
1. This luxury Singapore hotel is located just off Palawan Beach on the city-state’s satellite island of Sentosa, which is roughly 30 minutes by taxi from Singapore Changi Airport. Admission fees to Sentosa do normally apply, but you’ll have free access if you flash your confirmation email at the entrance gates — don’t forget to print it.
2. Speaking of the beach, it’d be a shame if you didn’t pack your bathing suit. In addition to direct access to Palawan Beach, where the water is clean and clear (and the beach itself often deserted during the week), Capella Singapore has three swimming pools, including a lap pool and an infinity-edge option.
3. If you’d like to see the sights of Singapore but don’t know where to start, stop by the hotel’s Library for a consultation with one of its personal assistants. They can steer you toward the island’s best things to do and its top restaurants and shopping areas — and make reservations when necessary on your behalf, too.
4. Plan in advance if you hope to treat yourself to a day at the spa. Capella Singapore is home to Auriga Spa, a Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star offering an exceptional variety of massages, facials, wraps and salon services. Walk-in appointments are accommodated whenever possible, but with only nine private treatment rooms available, it’s highly advisable to book well ahead of your desired date.
5. If for some reason you need to cancel your reservation, be sure to do so at least 48 hours before your scheduled arrival date prior to 3 p.m. Singapore time; otherwise you’ll be charged the full rate of one night’s stay, plus taxes and service. However, if you’ve booked a manor, check your reservation confirmation as the cancelation policies vary.