Answers from Our Experts (1)
From decadent afternoon high tea to a local street food favorite with an upscale spin, here are our picks for some of the best things to eat at Capella Singapore, a Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel located on Sentosa island:
1. High tea. Served daily from 3 to 5 p.m. at this luxury Singapore hotel’s signature all-day dining venue The Knolls (weekends at Cassia), the Royal Capella High Tea features a tantalizing spread of lemon meringue tarts, macaroons, egg croissant toasts and other gourmet pastries and finger sandwiches served with more than 30 different types of tea from the Gryphon Tea Company.
2. Singapore laksa. This local specialty is a hawker center favorite that here gets something of an upscale finish, with fresh prawns and quail eggs added to the mix of rice noodles, fish cakes and bean sprouts combined in a mildly spicy coconut broth. It’s a rich, wholly satisfying concoction available through room service.
3. Weekend dim sum. We love the flexibility of Cantonese restaurant Cassia’s dim sum feasts, available on Saturdays and Sundays, which feature a five-course set menu you create with your choice of barbecue appetizers, dim sum, rice or noodles, and desserts.
4. Pan-seared sea bass. Flaky and flavorful, the luxury hotel’s room service hits another home run with its well-portioned hunk of fresh sea bass. It gets a savory finish with sides of seasonal mushrooms and truffle risotto.
5. Breakfast buffet. No stay at this Five-Star hotel is complete without getting your day started with a spread of artisanal cheeses, fresh tropical fruits, decadent pastries, custom-made eggs and much more at The Knolls’ international breakfast buffet, available daily until 11 a.m.