Answers from Our Experts (1)
There are a number of unique details about Mandarin Oriental, Singapore, but here are few of the most noteworthy things you should know before checking in to this Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel:
1. The location couldn’t be better. This luxury Singapore hotel’s central downtown location means that many of the city’s top attractions and shopping areas are a short walk or taxi ride away, including the ArtScience Museum, Singapore Flyer, Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay and Gardens by the Bay; in fact, depending on whether you have a city- or ocean-facing room, you can see most of them right out your room window.
2. Service is exceptional. Friendly, helpful, efficient service is just one of the many things that makes this a Five-Star Singapore gem. Whether you’re looking for sushi restaurant recommendations or need help planning out a full day of sightseeing, the expert concierge staff will be more than happy to assist you.
3. Bring your bathing suit. This luxury Singapore hotel’s gorgeous outdoor pool area is surrounded by lush tropical vegetation, boasts superb views of the city skyline, and is centered around a 82-foot swimming pool fed by water fountains. Get there early to claim one of the cabanas if you’re planning to spend the day poolside.
4. Don’t worry about aching muscles. Whether you’re suffering from tense muscles and jet lag after a long flight or have spent one too many hours typing away at your computer at the expense of your shoulders, a visit to luxe Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Singapore is the perfect way to unwind and refresh. The spa’s signature Oriental Essence massage is highly recommended.
5. Pack your electronics. Guest rooms and suites are equipped with a spate of useful high-tech amenities, from an iPod docking station and high-speed Wi-Fi access to a DVD player hooked up to a large flat-screen television. We loved popping in an episode of Breaking Bad and listening to the crystal-clear sound of our personal tunes from ceiling-mounted speakers.