Answers from Our Experts (1)
There’s a lot to love about Mandarin Oriental, Singapore, but these are a few of the best things about this Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel:
1. The location. Ideally situated in downtown Singapore right on the bay, top attractions such as Gardens by the Bay, ArtScience Museum and Singapore Flyer are all within close walking distance. The Esplanade, located across the street, and next-door Marina Square mall both offer a wealth of dining, shopping and entertainment options.
2. The dining. The luxury Singapore hotel has five restaurants, two bars and a 24-hour room service menu. Contemporary Cantonese cuisine is served at Cherry Garden, rustic Italian at Dolce Vita and lavish international buffets at Melt ~ The World Café. If you don’t feel like leaving the comfort of your guest room or suite, the in-room dining menu offers everything from pizzas and pastas to Indian curries and Japanese bento boxes.
3. Room amenities. From high-tech modern conveniences such as an iPod docking stations, speedy Wi-Fi and interactive entertainment systems to nightly turndown service and luxury Elemis bath products, room amenities at Mandarin Oriental, Singapore are appropriately Five-Star.
4. The pool. Beautifully flush with tropical vegetation and featuring covered day cabanas and an abundance of shaded deck chairs, the pool area at the swank Singapore hotel has fantastic views of the downtown city skyline and is centered around a spacious 82-foot swimming pool. Poolside cocktail and snacks service is available, too.
5. The spa. Treat yourself to a heavenly 60-minute massage or rejuvenating 80-minute facial at the hotel’s Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Singapore. The treatment itself is only part of the experience, with locker rooms connected to a steam room, sauna and experience shower, and a communal lounge area offering a relaxing place to unwind over complimentary drinks and snacks. The spa only has six private treatment rooms, so advance reservations are a necessity.