Answers from Our Experts (1)
Here are a few things you should know about The Fullerton Hotel Singapore before visiting the historic Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star property:
1. The neo-classical Fullerton Building originally opened in 1928 and once was home to Singapore’s General Post Office. But the hotel debuted in 2001, following two years of extensive renovations that conserved many of the structure’s original architectural highlights.
2. The Singapore hotel’s location in the heart of the central business district couldn’t be much better. Only 30 minutes from Changi Airport by taxi, the hotel is just down the Singapore River from the popular Clarke Quay and Boat Quay dining and nightlife areas, adjacent to the excellent Asian Civilisations Museum and a short walk from Marina Bay.
3. You won’t go hungry during your stay. In addition to four restaurants, a bar and sweets boutique filled with tempting chocolates, pastries, cakes and cookies, The Fullerton Hotel Singapore conveniently offers 24-hour room service.
4. Pack your bathing suit. The Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star luxury hotel features an 82-foot outdoor swimming pool situated beneath an impressive row of the building’s original Doric colonnades. At the pool, you’ll enjoy fabulous views of the surrounding area, and can swim up to its infinity edge to watch boats pass by on the Singapore River.
5. Consider upgrading your reservation to the Straits Club — the reasonable surcharge to do so is well worth it. In addition to a dedicated reception staff on the fourth floor, Straits Club privileges also include complimentary laundry service, champagne breakfast, afternoon tea and a free flow of cocktails and canapés in the early evening.