Answers from Our Experts (1)
These are a few things you should know before booking a stay at W Singapore, Sentosa Cove:
1. It’s located in a secluded, upscale corner of Sentosa. This popular satellite Singaporean island offers beaches, the Universal Studios Singapore theme park, restaurants galore and all sorts of adrenaline-fueled activities.
2. The hotel can arrange for private transfers from Changi International Airport. Or, you can simply make the 25- to 30-minute voyage by public taxi. There’s a S$6 entry fee to Sentosa by taxi, but it’s waived for hotel guests. Upon arrival just tell the gate attendant that you haven’t checked in yet, then whenever you leave and come back, simply flash the entrance pass provided at the hotel’s check-in desk.
3. You’re in luck if you’re after some fun in the sun. This luxury Singapore hotel features a huge 14,400-square-foot outdoor pool that’s open 24 hours a day. You’ll find an ample number of deck chairs to stretch out in, or can enjoy complimentary two-hour use of a private poolside cabana equipped with an iPad and iPod. Pool parties with international DJs are held periodically, and we love that downtempo electronica music is piped in underwater.
4. Pack some movies and your iPod. All guest rooms and suites at the Forbes Travel Guide Recommended hotel are supplied with a high-end clock radio with iPod dock and a 40-inch flat-screen television with DVD player that’s hooked up to booming Bose surround sound.
5. Cancel early. If your plans change and you have to cancel or amend your booking, be sure to do so more than 48 hours before your scheduled arrival. If you don’t, you’ll be charged at least the full room rate, plus taxes, for one night’s stay, depending on the terms and conditions of your chosen package.