Answers from Our Experts (1)
A meal at Iggy’s is always a special treat, but here are a few things you should know about this modern European restaurant before booking your table:
1. Advance reservations are essential. The intimate dining room at Iggy’s has a maximum capacity of just 28, so to ensure availability we recommend booking at least one week in advance of your desired date. You’ll need to provide a valid credit card to guarantee the reservation.
2. Iggy’s is open for lunch and dinner. Afternoon seatings begin at noon and end at 1:30 p.m., while evening service kicks off at 7 and concludes at 9:30 p.m. Considering the small seating windows — and the aforementioned dining room size — it bears repeating that booking ahead is strongly recommended.
3. Though an à la carte menu is served in the bar, you’ll have a handful of set menus to choose from in the main dining room. During lunch, a two- to five-course menu is served, and dinner features a six- and nine-course menu. Vegetarian options are available.
4. If you like to have a glass or two of wine with dinner, you’ve come to the right place. The well-chosen wine list at this Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star restaurant was personally created by founder Ignatius Chan, once named the top sommelier in Singapore and still a judge for wine competitions around the world.
5. Though you can certainly dress to the nines — and many diners do — the Singapore restaurant has a smart-casual dress code.