Answers from Our Experts (1)
Choices are somewhat limited at Iggy’s with two set menus available for lunch and three during the evening, but these are the best things to order from this modern European restaurant:
1. Set lunch menu. If you’re suffering from serious midday hunger, the five-course tasting lunch menu is the way to go. Though if you’re in the mood for something lighter, opt for two courses and skip dessert, or go for two or three courses with dessert.
2. Sea bream. A seasonal specialty available on the bar’s à la carte menu, the sea bream features an unlikely marriage of fresh fish with three ingredients of the same color: cauliflower, white onion and white chocolate. Trust us, it works.
3. Dinner menu. Featuring six of the latest culinary creations from head chef Masahiro Isono and his talented kitchen staff, the dinner menu at this Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star restaurant is a wonderful way to savor a variety of flavors, textures and smells — oftentimes in a single dish.
4. Gastronomic menu. Of course, we wouldn’t blame you for going all in with the Singapore restaurant’s pièce de résistance, a nine-course food journey that starts with seasonal snacks and ends with a box of chocolate shavings filled with treats.
5. Wine. Handpicked by founder Ignatius Chan — whose accomplished wine resume includes such honors as being named the top sommelier in Singapore — the wine list at Iggy’s is long, well chosen and reflective of his personal preference for pinot noir.