Answers from Our Experts (1)
There are certain things you should know about Les Amis if you’re planning a visit to the award-winning modern European restaurant. Here are our top five things to know:
1. Les Amis is conveniently located just off Orchard Road at the Shaw Centre shopping mall. Sounds straightforward, right? Yes and no. You won’t have any trouble finding Shaw Centre – it’s kitty corner to ION Orchard and across the street from Wheelock Place – but the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star restaurant is actually around the side of the building, not indoors.
2. Though open since 1994 and drawing well-deserved accolades ever since, Les Amis just welcomed two new cooks into its kitchen in mid-2013, both with impeccable culinary pedigrees. Before coming to Singapore, Executive Chef Sebastien Lepinoy and pastry chef Cheryl Koh – the latter a native Singaporean – most recently teamed up at Hong Kong’s award-winning restaurant Cépage, a now-closed eatery that was under the Les Amis Group umbrella. Lepinoy was at one point an understudy to world-renowned chef Joël Robuchon.
3. Oenophiles, rejoice! Les Amis isn’t just known for its tantalizing European cuisine – its wine cellar is also one of the most impressive in all of Asia, with some 13 countries represented in more than 2,000 different labels.
4. Though Singapore has a well-earned reputation as one of Southeast Asia’s most stylish cities, on the whole, dress still tends to be casual, even in many fine-dining restaurants. That’s true at Les Amis, which has a smart casual dress code.
5. Advance reservations can be made by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org – and given the 76-seat capacity of the main dining room, we strongly recommend that you book at least a week in advance. From there, you can expect a phone call from someone at the restaurant confirming your reservation at least 24 to 48 hours prior to your anticipated arrival date and time. But should you prefer to call Les Amis instead of emailing, you can contact someone at (65) 6735 6656.