Answers from Our Experts (1)
The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Singapore offers you a tranquil haven to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city streets below. Like everything the spa offers, these five best amenities will help restore your inner sense of calm and peace:
1. Get there early. The Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star spa suggests you arrive 45 minutes before your treatment so you can take advantage of the heat and water therapies in the men’s and women’s locker rooms first. Be sure to try the experience shower. It has three settings: rain shower, jet rinse and color therapy. It can also be a great way to end your spa trip.
2. Tea and towels. Upon arrival, you’ll start your spa experience off right with a specially made house-blend tea and a chilled towel to open up your pores, preparing your skin for the luxurious pampering to come.
3. Romantic treatments. The spa features two private couples’ suites that are ideal for sharing romantic, side-by-side pampering. For the ultimate indulgence, reserve the VIP deluxe couple’s suite with a vitality pool for two and a couple’s steam shower done up in bamboo-inspired marble. The luxury Singapore spa offers special treatments in the rooms, such as the luxurious Suite Romance, which starts with a welcoming foot ritual and a fragrant bath, followed by a body scrub using vanilla and honey sugar. Then you and your partner will receive a full-body massage scented with essential oils like frankincense, mandarin and ginger.
4. Locker rooms. The men’s and women’s locker rooms are small but luxurious with soft lighting, relaxing music, decorative orchids and personal kits inside each locker, stocked with shower caps, combs and amenities for shaving and brushing your teeth. Slip on a comfy robe with soft inside lining and specialty slippers from Yeah Baby. The women’s locker room includes a steam room and the men’s locker room features a sauna.
5. Relaxation lounge. As you wait for your therapist to whisk you away, enjoy the dimly lit relaxation lounge with soothing music, soft lighting and plush chairs. There are two massage chairs where you can get started working out some kinks, as well as snacks such as bananas, oranges, grapes, dried apricots and strawberries, with bottled water and hot tea available by request.