Answers from Our Experts (1)
Summing up any place as quaint and luxurious as Twin Farms in just five words is a difficult task. But we’ve whittled it down to these five words we think best describe the style of the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel:
1. Whimsical. You can’t help but notice the sense of whimsy in the details found at Twin Farms. For instance, we loved pondering the wooden sculpture titled “Big Arm,” a muscular male forearm grasping a hammer that has been curiously positioned over the restroom stall in the Pub.
2. Relaxed luxury. Okay, so we know this is two words, but there are surprisingly no formalities at Twin Farms. You’re made to feel completely comfortable, without sacrificing life’s luxuries. Dining on poached Maine lobster and sipping on Chassagne-Montrachet Premier Cru at dinner while wearing khakis and a comfy shirt is about as formal as it gets at Twin Farms.
3. Rustic. Aside from the fact that a secluded setting deep in the Green Mountains can’t help but make you think, “rustic,” the luxury Vermont hotel's architects and designers carefully selected high-quality wood, stone and tiles to complement the natural surroundings when designing the hotel and its cottages.
4. Stunning. Twin Farms is without a doubt one of the prettiest small luxury hotels out there. In addition to that magical moment of your first glimpse of untouched snow in the winter, Twin Farms offers rolling meadows dotted with perennial flowers, a quaint covered bridge crossing over a lily pond with turtles and surrounded by lush ferns during the warmer months.
5. Relaxing. With a staff that magically appears that millisecond before you realize you need something, there’s truly no need to think ahead when you’re a guest at the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel. This anticipatory yet unobtrusive service, coupled with sporadic cell phone service, allows you to completely relax and switch off from the outside world, if only for a short while.