Answers from Our Experts (1)
The treatment menu at The Bridge House Spa is designed exclusively for the hotel, meaning each service is completely unique. The refreshingly compact list doesn't offer a ton of options-just eight spa services and five salon treatments-but each is something that can't be experienced at any other spa. Here are our picks for the five must-try treatments at The Bridge House Spa:
1. Book the three-part express treatment Downright Spruced Up, which freshens up your whole body in just 90 minutes. An exfoliating rub is followed by a massage using Soothe, the spa's blend of sandalwood, orange, ginger and chamomile oil that warms up your muscles and promotes circulation. Next, you'll have a facial, and finally a maintenance manicure that leave hands pretty and polished.
2. Some of the treatments at The Bridge House are inspired by the seasons. One such service is the Winter Soul Soother, a full body service consisting of a gentle dry-brushing, body exfoliation, a full body massage and a warming honey and mango body mask whose sweet summery scent will help you forget the snow outside.
3. The Evening Primrose Body Treatment is a soothing solution for dry or sun-damaged skin. This 90-minute service begins with a body brushing and exfoliation, followed by an application of warmed Evening Primrose Cream and a light cotton gauze wrap. While the cream repairs your skin, you're treated to a scalp and foot massage, followed by a full-body massage after the wrap comes off.
4. An exfoliating salt body scrub helps brighten up dull winter skin with dry-brushing, exfoliation and a hydrotherapy massage that uses a blend of mineral salts and pure essential oils. By the end, your skin will be soft, smooth and ready for spring.
5. We think no one should leave this Vermont spa without trying its signature service, the Ultimate Body Treatment, known by regulars simply as the “UBT”. Over an hour and a half of bliss begin with a body brush and Dead Sea salt exfoliation that sloughs off all your dead skin cells. Next, you'll rinse off and slip into the hydrotherapy tub where you'll be simultaneously massaged by jets of water and the expert hands of your therapists. You'll then have a seaweed body wrap and a face and scalp massage, after which you'll rinse off one last time to remove the mud and finally be treated to a full body massage using a relaxing grapefruit and juniper-scented cream.