Answers from Our Experts (1)
Hammock Beach Resort feels like the ultimate retreat, but there’s still plenty to do near the Florida resort. From Disney to NASA, here are five things that will keep you entertained on your vacation:
1. Daytona. One of the country’s most popular beaches is only an hour’s drive from Hammock Beach Resort. Be warned if you try to visit during the spring break season — Daytona Beach fills up quickly with high school and college kids breaking free from the books every March and April. However, if you happen to be in town when the Daytona 500 takes place, we suggest you spend a day at the racetrack taking in one of the country’s best racecar events.
2. Walt Disney World. Mickey Mouse is less than two hours away. The Orlando theme parks are just an hour and half away on Interstate 4 from Palm Coast, making them a perfect day trip for those who want to explore Disney without staying in tourist-heavy Orlando.
3. St. Augustine. Did you know that St. Augustine is the oldest city in the United States? It’s also just a 20- or 30-minute drive from Hammock Beach Resort. Historic St. Augustine boasts a lighthouse, the national monument Fort Matanzas and the archaeological park Fountain of Youth. There are also endless shopping and dining options.
4. Marineland. Marineland, the world’s first oceanarium, is located near St. Augustine and only about a 30- to 45-minute drive from Hammock Beach Resort. Visit the Dolphin Conservation Center, swim with the dolphins and learn about marine life from professionals who work daily to secure the livelihood of these protected species.
5. Kennedy Space Center. NASA geeks unite at Kennedy Space Center, which is located less than two hours south of Palm Coast in Cape Canaveral. Take a visit here to tour launch areas, train in simulators and try your hand at mission control.