Answers from Our Experts (2)
When it comes to the finest hotels, Sydney, Australia is long on luxury. With the diversity of hotels, it’s easy to find one that caters to all your needs whether you’re traveling for pleasure or business. Here are Forbes Travel Guide’s editors’ picks for the best places to stay in Sydney.
1. The Observatory Hotel. This luxury hotel is tucked in the historic area called The Rocks, and is known for its award-winning service, well-appointed, classic rooms, and popular afternoon tea service.
2. Shangri-La Hotel Sydney. Popular with business travelers for its secretarial service and multiple ballrooms for conferences, the Shangri-La is a top luxury hotel in The Rocks. It offers spectacular views of Circular Quay, and several personal spa suites.
3. Four Seasons Hotel Sydney. A great location, attractive, contemporary design and exemplary service put Four Seasons Hotel Sydney at the top of the list of best places to stay in Australia’s most dynamic city. Linger at the hotel’s third-story pool and outdoor café, Cabana, or book a spa treatment in the full-service spa.
4. Park Hyatt Sydney. Fresh from a complete renovation and reopening in early 2012, Park Hyatt Sydney is one of the city’s most stylish luxury hotels, with rooms swathed in soothing neutral tones and contemporary furnishings. Located in The Rocks neighborhood right on the waterfront, the hotel features rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows that open onto balconies overlooking the harbor.
5. BLUE Sydney. If you want more of a boutique experience, try the 100-room BLUE Sydney that was formerly a W Hotel. Located in a luxury marina, entertainment and apartment complex, you’ll enjoy gorgeous views from your room that pairs the historic wharf building’s clean lines with modern comforts. The 36 loft suites are all slightly different; some offer skylights and split-level layouts that make it feel like a smart apartment.
1) QT Sydney - The flagship hotel of the QT brand, located in the buzzing heart of downtown Sydney, this modern and eclectic hotel is for boutique admirers. This 200-suite has been built within the historic Gowings and State theatre building. The interiors of this hotel are a blend of several periods like Gothic, Art Deco and Italianate influenced architecture. This contemporary hotel doesn't just come with quirkiness, but all guestrooms are equipped with luxurious bedding, high-speed internet, walk-in showers and most guest suites also offer an indulgent oversized soaking tub.
2) The Hilton City - The master suite is inspired by New York City; stylish, romantic, convinient and luxurious. This international hotel chain is ideal for either business or leisure, located opposite Hyde Park, with a stylish bar, a celebrity chef restaurant and an in-house spa to provide next level sensory experience.
3) Park Hyatt - This newly-renovated gem is located in the most luxurious and picturesque spot in Sydney. Ideal for honeymooners, their master suite take French windows to a whole new level with full floor to ceiling windows. Park Hyatt offers a full contemporary experience. down till the waterview of the Opera House and the iconic Harbour Bridge.
4) Observatory Hotel - This historic building will take you back to the colonial times with its white marble antique fireplaces and custom-made artwork. There is timeless sophistication oozing out of the walls of all the 96 bedrooms, rightly so.
5) The Shangri-La - The paranormal view of the city, harbour and beyond will make you feel loved at Shangri-La, Sydney. If you get access to the exclusive Horizon Floors Lounge, there is a possibility of a very unforgetful night (thanks to the unlimited cocktails provided here).