Answers from Our Experts (1)
Here are five you should know before booking a stay at Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Château du Sureau:
1. Château du Sureau isn’t particularly well-suited for traditional business trips. The hotel was imagined as a place ideal for romantic getaways, which is reflected in both the quiet atmosphere and couples-friendly amenities. If you’re looking for a luxury hotel that caters to working travelers, you might consider looking elsewhere.
2. The hotel is not accessible by any mode of public transit, so you’ll need a car to get there. Though they’re not provided by the hotel, chauffeur services are available in the area, but they’re pricey — your best bet is to drive yourself.
3. This Five-Star hotel isn’t the best place to take the kids. In fact, when the hotel first opened in 1991, kids were not allowed at all. Even though you can bring your kids today (as long as they’re at least five years old), they might get restless — and you might too.
4. You can’t bring your big dog with you to Château du Sureau. Pets are allowed, but only if they weigh less than 15 pounds.
5. Finally, the hotel is not conducive to all-night parties. There are obviously plenty of raucous resorts elsewhere in California, but this is one that puts a premium on privacy, relaxation and quiet — and we think it’s all the more luxurious for that restraint.