Answers from Our Experts (1)
With so many amazing sites in nearby Yosemite National Park, it’s difficult to choose the five best things to do near Château du Sureau, but whether you’re a forty-niner wannabe, a nature enthusiast or a wild romantic, these are five activities we think you’ll enjoy during a stay at this Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel:
1. Waterfalls. If you’re planning to visit the hotel in the spring or summer, Yosemite’s extraordinary waterfalls are not to be missed; in fact, we’ve heard guests say they come to the hotel because of its close proximity to the falls.
2. Yosemite Valley Moonlight Tour. This is great option for a romantic evening adventure. The late-night open tram runs through the park and allows you to see some of its most iconic landmarks, including El Capitan, Half Dome and Yosemite Falls, under the silvery moonlight.
3. Full Moon Snowshoe Walk. This guided walk is a wonderful way to experience the park and its “nightlife” in a way few visitors ever will during the winter.
4. Yosemite Mountain Sugar Pine Railroad. Speaking of unique ways to see Yosemite, if you’ve ever dreamed of being a train conductor or just want to experience a cool piece of history, this is for you. During most of the year, four-mile train rides on original turn-of-the-century steam engines run down the Sugar Pine tracks.
5. The Mother Lode. Another cool way to experience California history is to visit the site that gave rise to the massive Gold Rush. The area’s deposits were host to some of the nation’s most famous mines, and even now visitors can pan for gold using the same techniques as the original prospectors.