Answers from Our Experts (1)
The five best things to eat and drink at Château du Sureau vary from day to day, depending on the hotel restaurant’s ever-changing menu and the seasonal availability of the local produce. However, there are a few staples you won’t want to miss during your stay at this Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel:
1. Signature cocktail. The hotel is known for its well-mixed drinks, particularly its signature cocktail, the Sureau, which has a dram of elderflower liqueur along with champagne and lemon juice.
2. Signature tea. Wake up in the morning with a pot of the hotel’s signature elderberry tea. It’s both sweet and tart, and also totally exclusive to this Five-Star hotel.
3. Lobby snacks. In the reception area you’ll find freshly made strawberry lemonade and old-fashioned petite madeleine cookies available all day. They’re perfect to snack on midday or after you’ve returned parched and hungry from an excursion to Yosemite National Park.
4. Prix-fixe menu. It’s hard to name any best bets since chef Gunnar Thompson changes the five-course prix-fixe menu daily at Erna’s Elderberry House, but we’ve never been disappointed and don’t want you to leave the hotel without enjoying it.
5. Sachertorte. Particularly good if you have food sensitivities or dietary restrictions, this delicious chocolate-smothered confection is vegan and gluten-free. We couldn’t get enough of it.