Answers from Our Experts (1)
There’s a lot to love about Château du Sureau, but our five favorite things about this Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel are its spa, restaurant, breakfast, turndown service and garden.
1. Spa du Sureau: This Four-Star spa offers wonderfully relaxing services of all kinds, from hair styling and makeup applications to innovative chromatherapy showers. Try the Basalt Stone Massage, a 90-minute treatment combining hot stones with peppermint and grape seed oils.
2. Erna’s Elderberry House: Open since 1984, this award-winning restaurant has one of the most extensive wine lists we’ve ever seen, with bottles sourced from as far away as Lebanon and Argentina. The menu changes every evening, so there’s always something fresh to try, and the kitchen staff is happy to make you a delicious meal that’s tailored to your dietary specifications and preferences.
3. Breakfast: Breakfast is an easy, relaxing repose served in a gorgeous courtyard, and includes brioche, croissants, a charcuterie and cheese plate, and fresh fruit. Feel free to lounge and read the paper all morning here: Nobody is going to rush you, and fresh cups of coffee and tea will keep coming as long as you’d like them to.
4. Turndown Service: Whether you’re returning from a full day at Yosemite Park or from a few hours relaxing by the pool, the hotel’s nightly turndown service is an absolute delight. When you return to your guestroom for the evening, you’ll find a sweet before-bed treat and a handwritten note from the staff wishing you a pleasant night’s sleep.
5. Garden: This might be our favorite spot at this Five-Star luxury hotel, and two of our favorite features within this whimsical part of the hotel are an adult-friendly swing and a life-size chess set, both potentially providing hours of physical and cerebral engagement.