Answers from Our Experts (1)
If you’re planning a visit to Château du Sureau, there are a few items you should plan on packing, including these five:
1. Swimsuit: If you visit this Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel in the spring, summer or fall, you’ll want to bring a swimsuit. A refreshing dip in this Five-Star hotel’s pool is well worth your while, and the Bass Lake recreation area and some of Yosemite National Park’s hot springs are also nearby.
2. Sun Protection: This part of California is hot, dry and sunny for most of the year, so you should plan accordingly if visiting during warm months by bringing a hat, sunglasses, a shirt with embedded SPF or just a bottle of sunblock, though if you forget the latter it’s available free of charge at the pool.
3. Winter Essentials: If you’re visiting during the winter, you’ll need to bring all your winter essentials: a heavy coat, scarf, gloves, etc. Even in sunny California, the mountains get plenty of snow, so don’t expect a temperate climate.
4. Books: Regardless of the season, we highly recommend a good book and/or some crossword or Sudoku puzzles. This Five-Star hotel is very quiet, so you’ll be able to get lots of reading in.
5. Electronics: Finally, be sure to pack any electronics or chargers you’ll need. The hotel has just one laptop, which stays in the grand salon, so if you need constant access to the Internet or plan on making business calls you’ll need your own equipment.