Answers from Our Experts (1)
Coworth Park has the type of amenities even seasoned luxury travelers will find decadent. Here are five of the best:
1. The spa. The eco-spa’s modern interiors are bathed in natural light. Guests can indulge in the lovely swimming pool lined with amethyst crystals, the steam room, experience shower and gourmet spa fare.
2. The restaurants. There are three spots to eat — the Restaurant at Coworth Park for classic fine dining dishes with a modern twist, The Barn for comfort food and a rustic atmosphere, and The Spatisserie for lighter bites and afternoon tea.
3. The Drawing Room. This light-filled spot has more than one fireplace and is the perfect place to retreat to for afternoon tea, served in silver teapots by friendly staff.
4. The children’s activities. Coworth Park is truly a family destination — activities for kids (treasure hunts, cookie baking, Nintendo Wii tournaments) will keep them entertained and occupied for hours. Babysitters are available, too.
5. The equestrian center. Guests have the chance to experience horse riding and learn about the traditional sport of polo. Take a riding lesson, go for a hack around the Berkshire countryside or learn to play polo at the Guards Polo Academy (this is Ascot, after all).