Answers from Our Experts (1)
Before you check into the Shangri-La Hotel, Toronto, here five things to know about the luxury property:
1. Don’t bring a toothbrush. When it comes to packing, less is more, especially if you’re carrying your bag onto your flight. The hotel has already stocked your room with two toothbrushes and plenty of amenities, so you can leave those little things behind.
2. Schedule a lunch at the hotel. With a branch of the famed NY restaurant Momofuku, lunch at the hotel’s noodle bar is a must.
3. Bring a bathing suit. With an indoor pool and an outdoor terrace for the warm summer days, packing a suit is a great way to take advantage of the hotel’s amenities.
4. There’s live music in the Lobby Lounge. Every evening, around 5:30 p.m. or so, except for Sundays, there are live performances that either include vocals, piano playing or both.
5. This is a Gold Circle hotel. The hotel is part of the Gold Circle hotel group, so if racking up hotel points is something you consider a perk, then make sure to sign up for this one right away and earn points for your trip.