Answers from Our Experts (1)
The style of The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain reflects its desert surroundings. Five words that describe the design and feel are:
1. Southwestern. From the guest rooms to the restaurants to the cozy first-floor library, Southwestern touches are present. Leatherwork dots patterned blankets; cowhide frames mirrors; and desert colors are everywhere both inside and out.
2. Comfortable. Though the Five-Star hotel is luxurious, its guest rooms and public spaces are more inviting than intimidating. You wouldn’t feel out of place relaxing fireside with a drink, a book or good company.
3. Warm. The hotel’s design envelops guests with earth tones, mesquite woods, plenty of greenery, and indoor and outdoor fireplaces.
4. Natural. Indoor and outdoor spaces flow together seamlessly thanks to the use of natural stones, wood beams and local flora throughout the luxury hotel.
5. Modern. The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain’s materials and design may take their cue from the area’s heritage, but the end result is a sleek take on Southwestern style.