Answers from Our Experts (1)
If you’re considering a stay at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, here are some things you should know:
1. Fairmont Hotel Vancouver is one of four Fairmont properties in Vancouver. It’s the oldest and most traditional of the company’s local hotels.
2. Fairmont Hotel Vancouver is classic, rather than glitzy and contemporary. You’ll feel most comfortable here if you’re at home with rose-printed draperies and traditional wingback chairs.
3. Its location is central and convenient, whether you’re in town for business, sightseeing, or shopping. The hotel is directly across the street from the Vancouver Art Gallery and a short stroll from the shops on Robson and Alberni streets.
4. Discreet and helpful service is a signature of the Hotel Vancouver, as at other Fairmont properties. The concierge staff can advise you about things to do and places to eat, and all the staff you’ll encounter is typically gracious and welcoming.
5. It’s one of Vancouver’s best spots for afternoon tea. Fairmont Hotel Vancouver serves a traditional afternoon tea daily. Classic finger sandwiches, scones with clotted cream, and an assortment of pastries, all come with your choice of freshly brewed tea.