Answers from Our Experts (1)
Fairmont Pacific Rim has embraced technology to the fullest but knows some things — like the simple comforts of home — are always a must-have. This is our list of the property’s best amenities to check out on your visit:
1. The in-room iPad. Even if you have an iPad of your own it can’t do all the things Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel, Vancouver’s iPad does, like adjust the curtains or turn off the lights. You can also contact the concierge, order room service, request turndown service at a specific time…the list is endless.
2. The Willow Stream Spa. This urban oasis rests at the ocean’s edge and boasts nine treatment areas, including a deep Japanese Zen tub and a couples’ room. Plus the locker room and relaxation areas have infrared saunas, steam rooms and a customizable hydrotherapy experience shower.
3. The television mounted inside your bathroom mirror with accompanying Bose sound. We’re guessing your bathroom at home isn’t outfitted with this kind of high-tech entertainment, taking a soak in the large marble tub up a notch.
4. Pets are treated as part of the family. Upon arrival your pooch or kitty will receive a welcome package with pet bedding, treats and even a walking map for saunters outside.
5. The fitness center. Kick off the day with Rise and Shine Hatha yoga or experiment with the Kinesis machine, TechnoGym equipment and plentiful free weights in the hotel’s well-stocked gym.