Answers from Our Experts (1)
Between ORU restaurant, the Lobby Lounge, Giovane deli/bakery and the 24-hour room service menu, you’ll be overwhelmed by the dining options at Fairmont Pacific Rim. Lucky for you, we’ve done the legwork and have already chosen the five best things to nosh on during your stay:
1. The breakfast buffet at ORU. We challenge you to find a more stylish buffet than this one, which isn’t just large bowls piled with eggs and racks of toasts. Rather the ORU staff takes the time to create impressive displays for each pastry and fruit, not that it will keep you from digging right in.
2. The Diggler signature cocktail at the Lobby Lounge. House-made chai vodka is complimented by fresh plums and a dash of maple along with the Italian liqueur Averna Amaro for a decidedly Canadian cocktail.
3. The sushi bar at the Lobby Lounge. In the evenings you’ll find a regular hum of activity around the Lobby Lounge, and the sushi gets most of the credit for drawing in Vancouver’s beautiful people.
4. The coffee at Giovane. This café/deli/bakery has custom-roasted coffee courtesy of renowned local company 49th Parallel…and it cries out for a pastry, which fortunately Giovane has in ready supply.
5. The gelato. While it’s not technically part of Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel, Vancouver, Bella Gelateria is inside the building, so we’re counting it. This shop features the most authentic gelato outside of Italy and has the credentials to prove it: In 2012, it won two first place awards at the Florence Gelato Festival. You can’t go wrong with a dish of the double award winning toasted pecan with Maldon sea salt and maple syrup from Quebec.