Answers from Our Experts (1)
Among the smaller luxury hotels in Vancouver, Rosewood Hotel Georgia can’t be beat for its great facilities and service, but these are our most favorite things:
1. A fantastic location. Situated on the corner of Howe and Georgia streets in the heart of downtown Vancouver, you really can’t ask for a better location. You’re literally across the street from the Vancouver Art Gallery (ask for a south-facing view so you can admire it from your bedroom), a block from bustling Robson Street, the city’s prime shopping destination, a short walk to gorgeous Stanley Park and a very quick cab ride (or leisurely stroll) to Granville Island.
2. A beautiful hotel. The hotel’s been around since 1927 but recently underwent a major facelift, and the results are stunning. The lobby still retains an old world feel thanks to wood paneling and Art Deco detailing, but colorful modern art adds a chic, youthful feel to the space. Rooms, meanwhile, are elegantly appointed with sophisticated touches like crisp Pratesi linens and silk pillows.
3. Excellent concierges. We were so impressed with the concierges here that we used them every day we were at the hotel. Not only did they give us spot-on dining, shopping and sight-seeing recommendations, understanding exactly what we were looking for, they followed up with us each day after when we passed by in the lobby to make sure we had enjoyed ourselves.
4. Great food and drink. Whether you’re enjoying a classic cocktail at 1927 Lobby Lounge (try the signature Hotel Georgia — it’s divine) or digging into the seared sablefish for room service, know that the food and drink served at the hotel is excellent, much of it locally grown and sustainable. Hawksworth, the hotel’s signature restaurant overseen by chef David Hawksworth, is one of the city’s top tables.
5. It’s kid-friendly. Chic boutique hotels aren’t necessarily known for being the best spot to bring the little ones, but Rosewood Hotel Georgia is a great spot to bring the whole family. The kids' room service menu, for example, even offers babies a range of local, seasonal and organic fruit and vegetable purees, served warm and with an infant-friendly bowl and spoon. You can also easily request items like en suite wireless baby monitors, baby skincare products and in-room bottle warmers.