Answers from Our Experts (1)
Rosewood Hotel Georgia offers a taste for every palate, from creative, contemporary fine dining at Hawksworth to classic cocktails at 1927 Lobby Lounge, but we think these are the not-to-miss top hits to eat and drink while staying in the heart of Vancouver:
1. Roasted Pacific sablefish at Hawksworth. Native Vancouverite David Hawksworth is one of Western Canada’s most celebrated chefs, and at his restaurant located on the ground floor of the hotel, you’ll feast on a bevy of local ingredients cooked in a contemporary style befitting of the chic environs. One favorite is the roasted Pacific sablefish, a mild but rich tasting white fish also referred to as black cod. The accompaniments change regularly but are often Asian-inspired, such as lap cheong, pea tendrils, pickled shiitake and crispy yam.
2. House chorizo hash at Hawksworth. The hotel’s signature restaurant also serves breakfast and brunch, and we were smitten with this savory hash, made with chopped potatoes, grilled fennel and cubes of spiced chorizo, all topped with two sunny side up eggs and drizzled with smoked tomato vinaigrette.
3. Hotel Georgia cocktail at 1927 Lobby Lounge. One of our favorite hotel signature drinks of all time, this classic tipple was created by a traveling barman in the 1940s and riffs on the classic Ramos Gin Fizz. Made with gin, orgeat syrup, orange flower water, lemon juice, an egg white and topped with freshly grated nutmeg, it’s light and refreshing with just a hint of floral-almond flavor. Sit at the bar, chat with the bartenders and sip a couple few of these for a truly fine evening.
4. Blueberry scone at Bel Café. This ground floor coffee shop serves a range of espresso drinks, pastries and sandwiches, perfect for a quick lunch or dinner. The blueberry scone here was, hands-down, the best we’ve ever sampled. It was sweet, buttery, moist and filled with juicy blueberries — a blissful way to start the morning.
5. Grilled albacore tuna at Reflections. Reflections is Rosewood Hotel Georgia’s hidden outdoor bar and lounge, located on the fourth floor patio near the swimming pool. Cabanas, lounge chairs and a great fire pit lend a beachy atmosphere to the spot, which is a great place for a bite and quick drink pre-dinner. Grilled tuna comes with sundried tomato and Kalamata olive tapenade. Pair it with the Smoking Maria cocktail (chorizo fat-washed mezcal, tomato juice, roasted tomatoes and a salted rim) for a zingy, savory kick-off to the evening.