Answers from Our Experts (1)
Getting away from it all is easy at Wickaninnish Inn Tofino. The resort provides for a peaceful break from your daily grind but also offers activities such as surfing and kayaking if you’re in the mood to have a little fun, too. Here are five things you should know about the property.
1. Location. Because the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel's location is on the far edge of Vancouver Island in Tofino, we recommend making the trip by plane. Once there, you’ll notice that the inn itself is situated on a rocky beach and seems to be one with the surrounding forest.
2. Weather. The Wickaninnish Inn is located in a temperate rainforest on the far edges of Vancouver Island in British Columbia. And although the weather is fairly mild most of the year, it can change quickly since it is on the coast.
3. Attire. The atmosphere of the property is casual so pack for a rustic stay consisting of long walks, hikes, and bike rides.
4. Dogs are welcome. With the large beach and forests to explore, the luxury Tofino hotel offers dog-friendly rooms and suites to accommodate your pooch as well as the rest of the family.
5. Transportation. Shuttles are available both to the airport and to Tofino. When getting a ride into Tofino, visit a pub on the water, catch a sea taxi, or check out some of the art galleries. Enjoying your vacation up until it’s time to head to the airport is doable — whale watching and fishing trips also depart from town.